Al-Aqsa Islamic Academy is a full-time private Islamic school, established in 1996, and situated in Philadelphia, PA, on Germantown Ave. Al-Aqsa provides classes from Kindergarten to the 10th grade. The 30,000+ sqft facility accommodates a purpose-built school. We aim to provide an Islamic environment for all students, enabling them to acquire academic excellence and Islamic morals to prepare them to become viable individuals able to meet the challenges of our changing world.
Al-Aqsa Islamic Academy consists of two separate sections, each of which has its own administration, curriculum and classes. The full-time school is Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm – grades Kindergarten to 11th grade.
The weekend school is on Saturday’s from 12:00am to 3:oopm September through June. Only Arabic language and Islamic studies are taught in the Saturday School. Please call 215-808-0137 (Sister Nabila) for more information on Saturday classes.
Our Spiritual and Intellectual Aims
- To develop each student towards achieving a state of complete worship (Ibadah) to Allah
- To develop each student’s self-awareness, self-confidence and personal Islamic identity
- To develop each student’s ability to think, analyze and solve problems independently
- To develop each student’s level of Islamic awareness, his understanding of the Islamic world-view and pride in the Islamic heritage
- To prepare each student to assume his/her role as God’s viceroy through faith, knowledge, righteous conduct and service
- To develop in each student respect and mercy for all mankind
- To develop each student to carry the message of Islam to his fellow Americans
- To prepare each student to be a good and productive citizen in this society and respect its laws and traditions
- To develop the occupational readiness of each student to be employable and to make a positive contribution to society